KFC is at it again and boy do they know how to push their products in new, creative, and unique ways! We first brought you the news about the KFC fire log back around November/December and VB even got his hands on one! Then it was the "gravy candle" contest in the UK and Ireland. For Valentine's Day they were doing a contest for couples who could win a year supply of KFC essentials along with a "colonel-skinned rug" and now the newest idea is the KFC chicken bucket hot tub.
"KFC Innovations Lab" is a subgroup created to bringing unique ideas surrounding and celebrating KFC and it's founder, to life. It was created this year, 2019 and partnered with Indiegogo, the crowd funding platform so that you can be a part of the decision making process when it comes to KFC's beloved brand.
There are currently 5 campaigns for "KFC Innovations Lab" on Indiegogo. In addition to the KFC hot tub, it includes: "Picnic with the Colonel", "Smart Cane Remote", Little Colonel Locator", and "Colonel on Ice-Ice Skating Show".
KFC's campaign for the hot tub needs to raise at least a little over $46k to proceed forward with this project. Some details about the hot tube:
• Wood-fired thermosiphoning heating technology
• Capacity for five fried chicken–loving people
• A full 360 degrees of Kentucky Fried Chicken branding
Then specifics about the craftsmanship itself:
- The wood frame is 1-5/8" high-density, thermally treated, flaxseed-oiled Nordic spruce
- Vinyl liner with molded seating
- Vinyl top cover
- Aluminum wood heater
- Stainless-steel chimney with spark guard
- Approximately 250-gallon water capacity
- Two-step platform
To donate to this specific KFC Innovation Lab's project, visit their site HERE!