A new feature I'm doing is my top lists on various subjects/topics where we can open it up to the listening audience to weigh in on and share what their top choices are. They might agree or disagree with me, but it's thought provoking & gets you to think!
The first "Lightning's List" is on the top 10 best country songs from the 2000s to present. It was a tough one for me...it really was! There have been SO many good country songs in the last 19 years. I will tell you I debated so many and this stressed me out having to choose ONLY 10! Without further ado, here is the 10 top:
10) My Church---Maren Morris
9) Marry Me---Thomas Rhett
8) H.O.L.Y---Florida Georgia Line
7) Tequila---Dan & Shay
6) Drink A Beer---Luke Bryan
5) Nobody To Blame---Chris Stapleton
4) The Fighter---Keith Urban & Carrie Underwood
3) No Shoes, No Shirt, No Problems---Kenny Chesney
2) Chicken Fried---Zac Brown Band
1) Man! I Feel Like A Woman---Shania Twain
That's my top 10 best country songs in the last 19 years! Do you agree, disagree? What's your top 10 list look like? Remember this is not of the country greats like Dolly Parton, Johnny Cash, Merle Haggard, Roy Orbinson, etc. This is from the last 19 years because those pioneers of country music are a given, they set the standard.